– Maeve Binchy is an author whose books tend to feature well-developed characters. The content is not always in line with what I believe, but Binchy’s stories of life do make me think, and her stories have an endearing gentleness about them. Her almost 700-age epic Firefly Summer which details the effects of a rich hotel developer coming to a small Irish town, is on sale for $5.99.
– RC Sproul’s introduction to apologetics, Defending Your Faith is on special for $4.99. I have been greatly blessed by his teachings on how to read and interpret Scripture.
– Also $4.99 is Apologetics for the Twenty-First Century by Louis Markos, another good overview of Christian apologetics.
– For $3.99, there is a special on Puritan Portraits, an introduction to the writing and theology of some of the great Puritan writers. This book is by J.I. Packer, author of Knowing God, one of my very favorite books.
– I really like Elizabeth Camden’s fiction, and her novel Against the Tide is on sale for $5.99. This tale, set against the excitement of a campaign to end the opium trade, sounds like a thrilling read.
– And then there’s The Butterfly and the Violin by Kristy Cambron. This novel, with its dual storylines moving between WWII and the modern day, got lots of buzz when it first came out, and I’ve been curious to read it. At $3.99, the price is looking just right.