Good morning! Looking for something to read? Here are a few deals for the Kindle that have popped up on my radar this week so far:
– I’m always fascinated to see what makes a book resonate with readers, why certain books go on to become classics and so on. When I saw that Twenty-Five Books That Shaped America was on sale for $1.99, I had to list it. I haven’t read this one yet, but I’m definitely curious. It’s by Thomas C. Foster, author of How to Read Literature Like a Professor.
– I’m a sucker for a good character, and I love to talk fictional characters with people. The Heroine’s Bookshelf: Life Lessons, From Jane Austen to Laura Ingalls Wilder is now on sale for $0.99 (down from $13.99!). From the summary, it sounds like Erin Blakemore covers quite a few books and I’m interested to read what she has to say about the characters.
– Want to beef up your library of classics? You can get the complete novels of all three Bronte sisters (Emily, Charlotte & Anne) for $0.99. The Bronte Sisters – The Complete Novels hit my Kindle as soon as I found this deal!
– Do you read to your children on the tablet? If so, The Jesus Storybook Bible is on sale for $0.99, which looks like a great deal. I know our pastor has recommended this particular children’s Bible.
– And last but not least, the writing of Angie Smith has proven encouraging to me in my walk with God, and her book Mended: Pieces of a Life Made Whole is on sale for $2.99.